This is a beautiful hamburger recipe, a true Gourmet Hamburger. The wrapped bacon flavors and crisps the hamburger logs which are easily cut with a knife or fork.
TAILGATE Update! Wrapped hamburger logs make excellent tailgate fare! Prepare at home and keep them on ice with the beer. Plate them or use large rolls for a manly tailgate meal. No worries about flare-ups and bacon makes this a flavorful treat.
2 pounds of chopped sirloin or 97% fat-free beef
1 package Pepper Bacon or leaner cut bacon.
1. Freeze ground package from grocery store (not pre-made patties).
2. The day of grilling, place in fridge to begin to thaw.
3. Remove from fridge after thawed slightly, enough to be able to cut into logs.
4. Take each log and wrap with bacon strips.
There is no seasoning with this recipe as the bacon gives the beef full flavor.
Place logs on pre-heated GrillGrates (8-10 minutes), Low- Low/Med heat, lid down. For charcoal, preheat your GrillGrates after the red hot peak, gray coals only (8-10 minutes), lid closed.
Grill wrapped hamburger logs on Low-Low/Medium, Lid Down. For charcoal, preheat your GrillGrates after the red hot peak, gray coals only (8-10 minutes), lid closed.
6-8 minutes per each side (remember you have partially frozen burger in the center).
The GrateTool makes handling, turning and serving the Wrapped Hamburger Logs so easy.
Medley of :
- Grilled Large Mushrooms
- Red Pepper Quarters
- Baby Potatoes or Quartered Potatoes
- Grilled Zucchini or Eggplant