This is a very elegant recipe that plates beautifully with the salmon over baked crab meat infused with a butter and wine sauce.
Serving: 1/4+ pounds of salmon per person.Select enough salmon for 6-8 portions with the following crab meat recipe.
Brush salmon with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Follow grilling instructions below.
CRAB MEAT FLORENTINE
4 packages frozen spinach
3 sprigs green onions, finely chopped
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced or pressed
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1/4 cup white wine
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
salt and black pepper to taste
1.Cook spinach in a saucepan until just thawed and heated (do not over cook). Drain.
2. Place in a buttered casserole pan.
3. Saute green onions and garlic in a small skillet with a little butter, just until the green onions are tender, do not over cook or allow garlic to brown.
4. Melt the remaining butter in another sauce pan.
5. Stir in the flour
6. Add the milk gradually, stirring constantly.
7. Cook until thickened.
8. Add the wine, sauted green onions, Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper.
9. Stir in the crab meat.
10. Pour over spinach and bake for 45 minutes at 350F or until bubbly.
1. If salmon has skin on, place skin side down on pre-heated GrillGrates (8 to 10 minutes), Low-Low/Med heat. For charcoal, preheat your GrillGrates after the red hot peak, gray coals only (8-10 minutes), lid closed.
2. Grill salmon approx. 16 minutes total grilling time on Low-Low/Med Heat, lid down. Timing depends on how hot your grill is and how thick the salmon cut is.
3. Turn after 8 minutes. See note below.
NOTE: Judge the initial sear marks to get an indication of how hot you are cooking. If the sear marks are dark to black on the first flip, you are cooking too hot, turn down the burners. Notice how the natural omega oils sizzles just under the salmon to enhance juiciness. Your grill never sounded so good.
Tip: Salmon cooks quickly because of its naturally high oil content, don’t over cook.
-Grilled large mushrooms
-Grilled green onion sprigs as garnish
-Lemon and lime round slices