BELLE GLOS CLARK & TELEPHONE PINOT NOIR
Coffee Chop Dry Rub
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of ground coriander
- Pinch of ground turmeric
- 2 Tomahawk Ribeye steaks, 1 1/2 inch thick
Prepare an outdoor grill for direct grilling and preheat it to 500°F. When the grill is almost to temp, place your GrillGrates on the grill and allow them to preheat.
In a small bowl, combine the salt, coffee, brown sugar, chili powder, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, coriander, and turmeric.
Season the steaks liberally with the rub. Put the steaks over direct heat on GrillGrates and grill for 4 minutes on each side for rare doneness. For medium-rare, move the beef over indirect heat, away from the coals, close the grill lid, and cook for an additional 2 more minutes. For medium, flip the steak, close the grill lid, and cook for 1 more minute.