Half-Moon GrillGrates for the Kamado Joe Classic
GrillGrates provide protected, high heat grilling on the Kamado Joe Classic. The bottom plate blocks hot rushing air and flames from charring and drying out food. The valley keeps the juices sizzling with the food instead of feeding the flames. GrillGrates are used on top of the existing grate surface. This set offers HALF coverage for the Kamado Joe Classic. Every set comes with a GrateTool which is part fork, part spatula that fits between the rails to get under your food and lift it without scraping.
- Designed for the Kamado Joe Classic
- Set Includes: (1) 18” deep x 8.25” wide radius cut panel
- Covers 50% of the grilling surface
- GrillGrates sit on top of the existing surface
- GrillGrates are reversible panels, giving you two grilling surfaces; rails up or on the flat side
- Constructed from hard anodized aluminum, GrillGrates will never rust
- Includes Grate Tool and User Guide
- GrillGrates are Made in the USA
- GrateTool Made in China
*GrillGrate is not affiliated with Kamado Joe.
Posted by Chris Lamb on Jul 12th 2020
Grates themselves are excellent; no need to wax lyrical beyond the hundreds of 5* reviews they already have. Specific to the half moon set, the only disappointment is that they won’t fit directly on to the KJ divide & conquer rack (as the vertex of the half moon is flattened). You still need to put them on the existing grill grates. Hardly a disaster but would have been easily 5* if it had fitted without having to use the existing grates.
I thought it fit on the ceramic edges- I took pictures at a retailer and need to look again. #GrillOn