Super Bowl Sunday - Game Day Grilling
For me game time grilling is out of the question and halftime is too! Nobody wants to be at the grill unless a TV is nearby. Pre-game grilling is the plan for this big game day. An evening kickoff makes an afternoon appetizer party a great way to nosh, nibble and pre-game before kick-off.
Grilling appetizers is fun, fast, and an easy way to mix it up with a variety of offerings. Just think of the fun serving grilled cheese sticks, pot-stickers, ravioli, quesadillas, and more to your appreciative guests!
Here are three ideas to make your Super Bowl grilling a fun and easy game day party.
1. Hit the Freezer Section at the Supermarket:
Cheese Sticks and Bread Sticks make easy appetizers right from the freezer to the grill. Medium to low heat and you'll know when they're done. Many of the frozen appetizers come with their own sauces in the box. How easy can it be?
Large Ravioli, fresh (we love Costco for these) or frozen is another easy finger food appetizer. Coat lightly in olive oil, grill at 400F. Add a simple dipping sauce such as marinara or vodka sauce. Raviolis crisp and puff up when grilled at medium heat.
Potstickers are easy to grill with GrillGrates. Coat lightly with olive oil and grill at medium heat. Potstickers usually come with their own sauces another time saver.
2. Cheese Quesadillas on the Grill:
Quesadillas on the grill are the perfect platform for salsa, sour cream, guacamole etc.
- Two flour tortillas with your choice of cheese in the center is a 5 minute grill at 400F.
- Lightly coat with olive oil. A mister is real handy for applying the oil.
- A couple of turns for nice grill marks and stiffness.
- Add toppings on or off the grill.
3. Throw a Pizza Party for the Super Bowl!
There are several par-baked crusts you can purchase at the supermarket, make your own or buy the pre-made pizzas and grill them at 400F. Check out our grate pizza recipes in the GrillGrate Lounge.
- Pizza Grilling Tip: At temps above 400F the bottom will burn before the toppings are hot. Lower the heat to allow the toppings to heat through thoroughly and the crust will stay golden brown and crispy.